It’s Saturday, or as I have decided to call it Staturday. In this week’s exciting world of blog stats:
- Most page views came from Canada.
- Least page views came from Sweden.
- I have at least one faithful reader in Japan. Thank you, faithful reader.
- The weirdest and fourth-highest search term that landed a reader at this site was Цюрих архитектура. I have no idea what that means.
- At least two web searches were for Fuhlrich Restaurant in Vienna on which I wrote two reviews of two visits, one that was sublime, the other catastrophic. My reviews reflect both. I am nothing if not fair. If either of those two readers want to know whether to try out this restaurant, I say do. The food is always good, even if the service is somewhat uneven.
- “What to say to hobo” was one search term that I can answer: Say hello, and keep walking. Hobos can be sketchy.
- Second weird search term: Does Angelina Jolie have asthma? This site will not definitively answer that question but I will hazard a guess that she does not.
- Whereas Paris food is usually the most popular search term of the year, it has just this week been edged out by Lucerne.
- Hobonotes.com has 12,358 hits.
- I like to think that I just whip these posts out in a flash, but the truth is a I am a serial-self-editor. WordPress lets me see how many times I’ve tweaked a post, and those lists show some get tinkered with as many as 20 times before I hit the publish button.
- Even with that, I often see a gaff after publication, so I end up republishing some after corrections one to three times.
- No one is perfect.